Saturday, August 27, 2016

'A Symposium in Space' Teaser

I thought I'd post a little teaser from 'A Symposium in Space', a futurist f/f tale of another dinner party, inspired by Plato's classic. 'The Symposium'.

Everyone looked at me. A smirk played about Pausania’s mouth. To think I’d once found the expression attractive. It was a lot less appealing when it was at your expense. Pausania must have said something about my lack of experience in the ways of love. It was petty of her, considering she’d once done her best to woo me. I would have been her beloved if I hadn’t left her. Pausania had always taken a dark delight in putting others down when she saw an opportunity to do so. It was one of the reasons I’d distanced myself. 
She’d been the only admirer I’d ever had, besides Sokrat. Sokrat was far too enigmatic to consider a lover, even if she’d become my mentor in many ways. Plus, I always felt Sokrat had an unrequited passion for Alkibiadea, even though she kept running away from the tempestuous space pirate. 
SaveSave

2 comments: