Monday, October 10, 2016

Me Me Me Monday

It's 'Me Me Me Monday, so I thought I'd post a series of teasers from my published works. :)

First, here's my Amazon Author Page at https://www.amazon.com/author/kstrenten

Next, here's a teaser from 'Fairest'.

My first memory was of her dark eyes. They captured all the colors of my infant universe, even as they threatened to swallow me. Her eyes should have been terrifying, but they were not.

Third, here's a teaser from 'A Symposium in Space'. 

“Phaedra!” Sokrat scolded. She had remarkable presence of mind, considering the Timea was dodging energy blasts. “We’re going to miss Agathea’s symposium, along with her teleportation nexus.”
“I’m going as fast as I can,” I growled. I pulled on the shift stick to avoid another orange beam. They were stun rays, not killing blasts. I didn’t think the pirate queen, Alkibiadea, would blow us to bits. She wanted Sokrat alive. “Why is Alkibiadea firing upon us? I thought she loved you!”


Fourth, here's a teaser from 'At Her Service'.

Ever since I could remember, my life revolved around my mistress. I did my desperate best to serve her, even though I wasn’t very good at it.

“Fetch me my slippers,” she’d say, waving a slender hand idly in the direction of the closet. She’d be busy reading a leather bound book she’d managed to swindle from a stuffy order of monks, or carefully going over the household accounts. My mistress would never entrust her money to any of the servants.

Eager to please, I’d open the closet. A cascade of all kinds of slippers, scarves, and gowns would come pouring out of the wardrobe, knocking me to the ground.


The noise would distract my mistress enough to look up. I knew better than to try and meet her gaze, though the temptation was always there, along with the fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment