Monday, August 21, 2017

Fairest Reborn

Today was the eclipse. It's also Me Me Monday for Queer Sci Fi, although this is an occasion celebrated by Facebook.

This poor Cauldron was blocked by Facebook in April 2016. You might say its life and promotional power were both eclipsed by that act of censorship.

It wants to participate, though. It wants to continue to promote and post, even though Facebook shuns it.

Which is why I'm going to share a little something from the new version of Fairest, which is going to be released on November 20, 2017.

Fairest was published by Prizm Books, the Young Adult line of Torquere Press. Alas, I was never paid for any sales my novella made. I was forced to ask for the rights to my story back.

I'm happy to say my f/f fantasy fairy tale has found a new home with Nine Star Press. It's going to appear in their Once Upon a Rainbow anthology, a collection of LGBTQ+ fairy tales.

I've tried to clean up my story a bit during edits, fix up a few things I wasn't happy about, but noticed too late during previous revisions. Hopefully, the story is stronger, yet retains the content fans of Fairest enjoyed.

One of the changes is that many of the characters now have names. Here's a little snippet of the newly revised manuscript, revealing one of those names.

This blog uses cookies I don't understand, but need to warn you about. Beware of the cookies, especially if you live in the U.N. :)

Oriana was as golden-haired as myself, although her hair was liberally dusted with silver. Indeed, she could have passed for my actual mother. She must have looked very much like me when she was my age. Her blue eyes held more wisdom than my own, wisdom and regret. Lines of care, sorrow, and loss wrinkled a once lovely face.

No comments:

Post a Comment