Friday, November 17, 2017

Fairest's Rebirth Is Nigh Upon Us!

Do you like LGBT fairytales?

If so, check out Once Upon a Rainbow, a collection of some classics gathered together in a single volume.

Among them is a revised version of my first release, Fairest, a story where a princess falls under a sleeping spell. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Only this princess has no prince. She ends up falling head over heels for the witch who cursed her.

Here's a little blurb telling what it's all about...

All of my life, I’ve been haunted by her dark eyes. At birth, she cursed me to prick my finger on the spindle and sleep for a century. She appears in my dreams, my reflections, shaping my desires. Who is she? My guardian has only revealed a few enigmatic words as to her identity, the fairest of them all. Follow me into the lonely Forest of Tears where the dwarves dwell, walking where she once walked. Gaze into the depths of the magic mirror which reveals her secrets. For I refuse to fear her, even if I should. 


Here's an excerpt from Fairest...


MY FIRST MEMORY was of her dark eyes. They captured all the colors of my infant universe, even as they threatened to swallow me.
Her eyes should have been terrifying, but they weren’t.
Her blood red lips moved, shaping words I could not recall.
My parents remembered them only too well, as did everyone else who’d gathered at the castle for my christening.
“I, too, have a gift for this child. She shall grow up, with all the beauty and promise of the dawn, but her sun will never rise.”
My mother told me she nearly swooned with terror at the look of sheer malevolence the witch gave to the sunbeams playing about my cradle. She wanted to stop the witch from speaking, as did my father. 
No one could move, no matter how much they wished to. Everyone stood still, spellbound by the witch’s gaze. 
“Before the sun sets on the eve of her sixteenth year, the princess shall prick her finger on a spindle. With the first drop of her blood, a sleeping curse will fall upon her, claiming her for a hundred years.” 
My mother tried to call in another witch to remove the curse. My father burned every spindle he could find. 
For all their efforts, nothing could remove the curse. 
The witch had disappeared into a cloud of green smoke. No one could find her after my christening, despite many attempts. The only thing she left behind, besides her curse, were dreams of dark eyes. 
I wondered if she’d been real. Her appearance was the sort of thing I’d heard about in old legends. The way she haunted my dreams was too much like giggled tales of falling in love. 

Look for Fairest within Once Upon a Rainbow at








Wishing you enchantment of the sweetest kind! 




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog. Do you think your book is appropriate for an 8 year old girl ( my granddaughter) who is completely down with Fairies and fantasy? She has read some Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. The one intimate scene is fade to black...as long as she has no problem with girls getting together with girls, this should be fine. Much of my material is essentially children's to young adult stories, only with queer content.

      Your video was hilarious...thanks again for sharing it!

      Delete