Monday, March 26, 2018

Secondary Characters Speak Out: Interview with Alkibiadea

Quartz: So you’re the lucky pirate who gets to carry Sokrat off. I’m not sure if I detest you or admire you. 

Alkibiadea: Why, thank you! (grins, showing sparkling white teeth) Hopefully I’ll eventually do that. Right now, I’m just the pirate chasing Sokrat across the universe, putting into practice her own teaching.

Quartz: And what teaching would that be?

Alkibiadea: Seek out the good. Pursue the good and obtain it at all cost. For me, that good is Sokrat. 

Quartz: Hah! And what does Sokrat have to say about that?

Alkibiadea: Well, she was here doing Secondary Characters Speak Out last month! Didn’t she say anything about me? Anything at all? 

Quartz: Your name may have come up a few times. Although she also talked about Phaedra. Along with Agathea. As well, ahem, me. (nose turns red)

Alkibiadea: Why, that silver-tongued flirt!

Quartz: Can’t say I disagree. 

Alkibiadea: Oh, the things I’m going to do to her once I catch her!

Quartz: Now, calm down a bit, my dear! Really, she didn’t flirt that much!

Alkiabiades: She’s always doing this. Wandering away, offering wisdom to everyone who crosses her path! What can I do to make her pay attention to me and me alone?

Quartz: I’m not sure if you can do anything, my dear. Ahem, that might even be part of Sokrat’s charm. (rubs nose)

Alkibiadea: You may well be right. No matter. I’ll find Sokrat. I’ll make her pay attention to me. 

Quartz: Didn’t you hear what I said? I’m not sure if you can make her do anything, ah, no, never mind. I’m sure you’ll find out for yourself. 

Alkibiadea: I’m sure I will. Ah, I’m so looking forward to being humbled by her again! (claspes her hands and looks starry eyed)

Quartz: Eh? I thought you were going to find her and make her pay attention to you. 

Alkibiadea: Oh, I will. After which she’ll humble me with her words and I’ll end up kneeling at her feet. It will be so romantic!

Quartz: It will?

Alkibiadea: Oh, yes. We’ll spend some time together. She’ll be my prisoner until she overwhelms me with her wit, getting the upper hand. I’ll end up her slave. Afterwards, she’ll escape and I’ll chase after her until I catch her once more.
Quartz: Er, you do this a lot?

Alkibiadea: We’ve done it a few times. (drops her hands in a prim fashion) It’s complicated. 

Quartz: I’ll wager it is. When will this chase and capture scenario ever end?

Alkibiadea: Never? At least I hope not. 

Quartz: Right. Good luck to you. 

Alkibiadea: Thanks! (beams)

Quartz: (sighs) Relationships. Never touch them if I can help it. 

Nimmie Not: (cackles from backstage) We’ll see about that!

Quartz: (glances over his shoulder in an uneasy fashion)


No comments:

Post a Comment