Wednesday, December 18, 2019

#QueerBlogWed: Paula's Prompts

On September 4, 2019, P.T. Wyant posted at ptwyant.com a Wednesday Words prompt, "Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time."

This freebie story was the result...

Bad ideas, good time. You have so little time left. It’ll tempt you, this limited lifespan, to do things you wouldn’t otherwise dream of. You spent a lifetime being prudent. Look at you now. So little life left, so little life truly lived that you look back upon it with bored impatience. You wonder, “Just what was I doing with myself?” 

I’ll tell you what you were doing. You were making choices, playing it safe here, gambling here. You weren’t any more wasteful with the time you had than anyone else on the planet. 

I’m still playing that game, working on that balance. I understand your impatience. I’m not willing to pay the price for your bad idea just so you can have a good time. 

I’m sorry. Maybe I’m not a good friend for making this choice, for being so selfish. I have to live in the world you’re leaving behind, clean up the mess you scatter about while making your exit. 

You’d like it to be a grand one. I can understand that, too. It’s possible to enjoy some good ideas as well as this bad one. 

We’ve still got time to think of one. Give me a chance to do so. It will be worth it. I promise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment