Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Queer Blog Wed

It's Queer Blog Wednesday! Where you share something GLBT at your blog and tweet it with the hashtag #QueerBlogWed. If you want to find a variety of queer posts, look for the hashtag on Twitter!

I thought I'd share a snippet in a book I'm revising for publication, 'The Hand and the Eye in the Tower'. It's the first in a series called 'Tales of the Navel: The Shadow Forest'. The second book, 'Stealing Myself From Shadows' was last year's NaNoWriMo project. This third book, 'A Godling for Your Thoughts?' was the third book. All three books need revision, so a revising I go. :)

This site uses cookies I don't quite understand, but I'm supposed to warn you about. Especially if you live in the U.K. Consider yourself warned. :)

This is a little longer than six sentences. I wasn't sure if I should follow the Rainbow Snippets' rule of six sentences or not. I tried to make my sample fairly short, though.

“I know you’re there.” Something cold and damp was inches from his face. A misty breath kissed his quivering lips. “I can taste you!”

“No!” Danyell cried, trying to squirm away, waking up as he did. Grass prickled his cheek and tickled his nose. He rolled over and looked up to squint into the sunshine.

A shadow leaned over him, blocking out the sun. Danyell gasped, as a face exactly like his own loomed overhead.


“There’s no need to be afraid,” Dayell said. His twin was looking down at him. “At least, not of me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment