Wednesday, August 8, 2018

#QueerBlogWed: Let's Just Talk, Part 3

On June 27, 2018, P.T. Wyant posted a prompt involving a dust bunny, a blood splatter, and a heat wave.

I've finally managed to finish this, but wow! Quite the large story it's turned into! There's two more parts, including this one. (wry grin)

Caitlin returns from her stroll down memory lane to the hot porch covered with dust bunnies and the ghost responsible for the blood stain...


Thus had begun one of the most unusual relationships in Caitlin’s life. 

“I can see Micki in your mind.” The ghost spoke in a soft, hushed voice, filled with an almost desperate hunger. “I’ve never had a conversation like that with anyone.”

“You’re spying on my thoughts.” Caitlin backed up a bit. 

“I’m sorry. It’s just I’m Minae and she’s Micki.” Minae wrapped insubstantial arms around herself, an imitation of how Micki had once hugged herself. “The image of her sitting on that bench next to me, yes, I feel like it’s me, not you. It should have me!”

“Calm down!” Caitlin snapped, nearly tripping over a flower pot. “You can’t have my memories.”

“Why not? Why can’t I have them and shape them into something with me in them?” Minae rocked herself. “Picture the two of us together. Micki and Minae, just like the Disney mice. We’d finish each other’s sentences, complete each sentences. We might even voice each other’s thoughts before we could say them!”

Caitlin hunched down, trying to protect herself from the barrage of images invading her memories. “Stop it.”

“She’d draw out ideas I’d kept close to my chest, encouraging me to think whenever I spoke.” Minae released herself. “It was intoxicating. Nothing has ever been like that.”

“Stop that!” Caitlin clasped my hands to my face, trying to organize her jumbled thoughts. She could see herself, only she was no longer Caitlin. She had Minae’s round arms and big hands. One of them clasped Micki’s in hers. 

Micki smiled up at Minae. 

Minae smiled back, proud to wear matching mouse ears to hers.

“I’ve never worn mouse ears in my life,” Caitlin said between clenched teeth. “Stop playing with my memories!”


“Sorry.” The images settled returned to what they’d been. “It so easy, getting drawn into the fantasy. Drawing you into the fantasy.”



2 comments:

  1. Yowza. I have enough trouble being in my own head. ~grin~ Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete