Saturday, December 24, 2016

Holiday Snippet

Happy Holidays, everyone!

It was hard deciding which Rainbow Snippet to post for Christmas Eve. (I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to snippet today, for that matter! :)) 'Seven Tricks', my m/m Nutcracker based tale? Or 'Wind Me Up, One More Time', my tale of teddy bears and childhood dreams?

I've got two Cauldrons, so why not do both? 'Seven Tricks' is appearing at inspirationcauldron.wordpress.com. Therefore, here's a taste of my f/f WIP, 'Wind Me Up, One More Time'.

“People still tell tales of a more primitive time,” Nathalie used to tell me. She had the kind of voice, which made you sit up straighter, holding your teddy bear close to your chest. Maybe your bear could share your excitement, as you listened. Nathalie’s voice was deep, but soft, giving every word a special significance. “Before gas and gears, before towns and cities, when people shivered within tiny villages, protected by the hunters among them. This doesn’t protect them completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment