Saturday, December 31, 2016

Saturday Snippet

It's Rainbow Snippets time! Alas, this Cauldron can no longer participate officially, since it's being blocked on Facebook. I'm hoping it'll be able to take part in QueerBlogWed. However, it would like to offer up a snippet. One that's a little longer than six sentences.

Here's a teaser for 'Waiting for Rebirth'. One of my things to do for 2017 is to clean this story up and post the whole thing at inspirationcauldron.wordpress.com. It's the first of the 'Tales From the Navel/The Shadow Forest', a prelude for all my other novels in that universe.

This blog uses cookies I don't quite understand, but I need to warn viewers about. Consider yourself warned.

The first thing I remember was darkness, It howled and swallowed everything for longer that I can tell, until the light came. It split the shadows, sent them scurrying away. 

A young man stood in the very center of the light. He captured my attention the way nothing had in a long time. He extended his gleaming white hand towards…me?

Yes, me. There was a me in the darkness, shivering in the light. Shivering at the sight of those pale, slender fingers.  


“It’s all right,” the young man said. “This is your rebirth, Christopher.”

No comments:

Post a Comment