Saturday, January 21, 2017

Saturday Snippet

This blog uses cookies I don't understand, but I'm required to warn you about. Consider yourself warned.

It's Saturday, a day of 'Rainbow Snippets'. This Cauldron is very fond of such samples of fiction, although it can no longer participate officially, due to Facebook's block. Today it offers a sample from 'Aissa and Polyxena', my m/m mythical WIP.  It's a bit longer than six sentences, but not too long.

“I see you’ve heard of the suitors’ promise,” Patrocles said, as his eyes roamed over Aissa. I found myself taking a step forward, in front of Aissa, reaching for a sword, which wasn’t there. Again. 

“All of Helen’s former suitors swore to defend her choice,” the big brute rumbled, as his meaty hands closed into fists. “She chose Meneleus, so we must defend Meneleus’ claim as Helen’s husband.”


“Now, Helen has been stolen from Meneleus,” Patrocles said, as his eyes fixed themselves upon me. They were filled with accusation, as if I were the one who’d stolen Helen. “By a pretty princeling, who’s no longer content with all the jewels, treasures, and iron he’s snatched through the civilized lie of eastern trade. Now, he’s stealing wives, as well!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment