Wednesday, January 25, 2017

QueerBlogWed

It's #QueerBlogWed! Something this Cauldron can participate in, since it happens on Twitter! Share a little something GLBT with this hashtag and join the fun!

It's time to share a little more of my m/m mythical WIP, 'Aissa and Polyxena'. I thought I'd offer up another snippet of Troile's adventure on Scyros, courtesy of Ganymede.

This blog uses cookies I don't quite understand, but I'm supposed to warn you about. Consider yourself warned.

“Meneleus doesn’t believe Helen left him willingly,” Patrocles asserted. He was still staring at me, accusingly. “He’s certain she’s under the spell of Aphrodite, but truly longing to escape.”

“What is the point of bringing all this up?” Aissa asked. Her fingers tug into my arm. “If you’re looking for former suitors of Helen’s to avenge her, there are none here. Not unless this young Trojan was one of them and he’s willing to fight his own brother to defend Meneleus’ claim.”

A startled laugh escaped from me, a welcome relief amidst my growing fear. I’d heard nothing of this vow amongst Helen’s former suitors. No doubt there were many. If all of those suitors formed an army, to march against Troy, my people were in serious peril. 


“Not a former suitor, but there is someone we want. Right here,” Patrocles said. The angry gleam in his eyes softened, as they moved to Aissa. “Someone who could bring the Achaens victory. Someone, who could never bear to sit idly, when a battle was about to start.”

No comments:

Post a Comment