Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Paula's Prompt

My second response to the amazing PTWyant's prompt! To see it, go to ptwyant.com. I decided this one should tie with 'A Godling for Your Thoughts?' ,  my NaNoWriMo project. I'm doing as much advance preparation as I can. :)

Ashleigh faced the dark opening of the tower. Yes, it was a Door, like the many Doors she’d opened to other worlds. 

Only this Door was already open. It waited in hungry anticipation for dreams to offer themselves to the darkness within. 

Ashleigh shivered. The rock Danyell had given her grew warm. It weighed heavy with her bodice. Only it was moving. It slithered between her breasts, only to pop a triangular head out. 

Ashleigh stared at it, feeling a pain well up in her breast, where the rock had bitten her. Only it wasn’t a rock. 

“You bit me, you stupid snake,” she managed to say. Her limbs felt numb, completely devoid of strength. 

The serpent flicked its, no her forked tongue unrepentedly at Ashleigh. She regarded her with violet blue eyes very like Ashleigh’s alone.


Well, that’s odd, Ashleigh thought, before losing consciousness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment