Saturday, October 8, 2016

Saturday Snippet

It was a hard decision, deciding what to post for Rainbow Snippets. I decided to share a sample from 'Seven Tricks', which I've just sent off for submission. However, I'm working on another story, 'Aissa and Polyxena'. It's my m/m mythical tale of cross dressing, a love affair between Troile, a young prince of Troy and Achille, the mightiest of the Achaens. Here's a sample below...

“Careful,” Achille warned. “She doesn’t know you, yet. She can be quite overprotective towards me. She even tried to sink Patrocles’ ship, when he sailed with me away from Scyros.”

“She?” I asked with unease. Was I about to meet another jealous woman, like Deidara? Only I had a feeling this lady, whomever she was, would be more formidable. Who else would brave these rocks, except one with a sure foot and a wild heart? She’d need to be someone very akin to Achille himself

I was more correct in my estimation than I guessed. 

A patch on the water’s surface glowed with an eerie blue green luminescence, which I thought was some strange variety of seaweed. Otherwise, Poseidon was playing some kind of erotic games right beneath the water. 

A woman’s head rose beneath the lapping waves. I realized the bright light came from her luminous tresses, which floated around her. 


“My mother,” Achille half chanted, half sung. I was struck by the musical quality of his voice, its breathy clarity. “The Goddess Thetis."

2 comments:

  1. Glorious snippet! And best wishes on your submission efforts. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! 'Aissa and Polyxena' is being written in a series of fragments, which I'm piecing together into one complete story. :) I'm really hoping I finish it before NaNoWriMo, because I really want to return to Danyell, Dayell, and the Shadow Forest that month. :)

    ReplyDelete