Saturday, October 29, 2016

Saturday Snippet

It's Rainbow Snippets time! This blog is being blocked by Facebook, but it still wants to play. :) This Cauldron of Eternal Inspiration will offer its own six sentences of GLBT fiction for anyone who happens to pass by. :)

I'm getting ready for @NaNoWriMo, to emerge myself in the next rough draft of 'Tales of the Navel/The Shadow Forest'. This series is all inspired by Tarot card imagery. 'The Hand and the Eye of the Tower' and 'Stealing Myself From Shadows', my first two books used the Greater Trumps. The next book, 'A Godling for Your Thoughts' uses the pentacles/coins suit. I hope to eventually write books, which use swords/spades, wands/clubs, and cups/hearts as the sources of inspiration for the stories and conflicts within the pages.

Today, I thought I'd offer a teaser from the very first book in the series, 'The Hand and the Eye of the Tower'.

“The tower has eyes,” Dayell muttered, almost under his breath. Danyell snuck a glance back at his brother. Dayell was trembling, his hands clenched into fists. The silver light in his eyes had a threatening glow. “It’s watching us. Something has woken up in the stones.”

2 comments:

  1. Happy writing during NaNo! I plan to join in the fun, myself. Though I have yet to finish a full novel I have met the word count through the last several years. And the great challenge gets me into the practice of writing regularly even if I scale back to short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've added you to my buddy list at the NaNoWriMo site. :)

    ReplyDelete