Monday, April 10, 2017

H is for Hector

Tremble, enemies of the fairest of cities, for I am Hector, its foremost and mightiest prince! You see me in lonely exile, banished to this lonely Cauldron, away from my brother and other characters from my tragic tale, ‘Aissa and Polyxena’. 

(A voice comes all the way from inspirationcauldron.wordpress.com, “It’s my tale, not his! Hector pays no attention to the voice.)

A lord in my lofty position bears many burdens, not the least are my wayward and self brothers. Paris is enough to try the patience of any man, but Troile, I fear, is starting to follow his bad example. See for yourself in this snippet of ‘Aissa and Polyxena’. 
“Achille is not a man to be denied anything he desires. Now he has something worth attacking us for.”

“Oh, marvelous!” Paris snapped, as he glared up at me. “Well done, little brother! Your wanton dream has brought the destruction of Troy upon us!”


“I’d be silent, if I were you, Alexandros,” Hector warned. He only called Paris ‘Alexandros’ when he was furious with him. Which was most of the time. “Especially considering the consequences of your own wanton behavior.”

No comments:

Post a Comment