Thursday, April 13, 2017

K is for Kevin

Hello, there! Welcome to the Tipsy Hedgehog…wait a minute, we’re not at the Tipsy Hedgehog? We’re in a Cauldron? By the Unicorn, this is a strange one, no mistake. I’m here to offer a snippet of a story from a tale called ‘Trouble at Caerac Keep’. Yes, you see your shares of troubles when you work in a tavern. This particular breed was golden haired, entirely too pretty, and travelling with some fairly frightful companions. The tale is truly his to tell, although I’m rather keen to discover he still remembers me! (blushes)

“Hello, Kevin.” I recognized the barkeep’s ruddy face, sprinkled with freckled, his snubbed nose. They hadn’t changed from when he was a child. “You’ve grown up quite a bit since I last saw you.”

“Unicorn bless me!” His green eyes widened as they moved over my face. He took a step back from the bar. “You! You haven’t aged at all since when I first saw you, all those years ago!”

“Time moves slowly in the Library,” I said, trying to be gentle. Not to seem some scary immortal who’d descended to suck the blood from everyone in the bar. 


I’m not sure how convicing I was. Kevin’s mouth opened and shut, but his lips continued to quiver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment