Sunday, April 30, 2017

Z is for Zoe

Zoe here. I’ve been knocking about my author’s imagination for years, until she decided to put into one of her Works In Progress. Plus, give me the opportunity to chase after Rhane and get involved in a roleplaying game that’s larger than life. Not that I’m complaining about either. 

Here’s a little example of what I’m up to in ‘The Players Are the Thing’. 

“Rhane.” Beatrix didn’t raise her voice. She didn’t need to. Irritation radiated out from her, making the air prickle with her displeasure. “My character sheet is wrinkled.”

Rhane didn’t say anything. The wrong word could change that prickle into knives. 

“No, it’s not,” Zoe said. The aggression in her voice sliced through the sharpness in the air, intensifying it. “That’s not your character sheet. That’s a page from a journal.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment