Friday, April 14, 2017

L is for Leiwell

Hello, I’m Leiwell. Regardless of how Quartz may regard me, my only crime is my loyalty. Loyalty to my family, to my master, and the halfling race. Not that he matters what he or anyone else thinks of me. All that matters are the three things I care about. Alas, sometimes those dearest to me completely misunderstand my intentions. Or they have too much faith in me. Danyell falls into the latter category, as you’ll see in the snippet below. Please enjoy this moment with my family in ‘The Hand and the Eye of the Tower’. Such times have become all the more precious to me. 

“Did you see something in the tower?” Leiwell lowered his eyelashes, hiding the expression in his green eyes. The smile returned to his lips. “This brings back memories.”


“How did you know?” Danyell asked, a bit awed at his older brother’s perceptiveness. Not that Leiwell wasn’t clever that way. He had a gift for guessing what others held in their hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment