Monday, April 1, 2024

A is for Amberwyne

Most characters are imaginary. I’m an imaginary character’s character.

Here I am, trying to undo the curses my former mentor and lover Fidessa cast upon various people in the land. I’m about to save Isolde from her own angry work of art when I start getting visions of this circle of women, rolling dice.

Were they witches? No, they were gamers, playing a roleplaying game. I caught a glimpse of reality, their reality. Isolde and I, our entire world was imaginary, made up for their fun. The Players Are the Thing.

Needless to say, Fidessa was not amused when she found out. She put a curse upon their Game Master, Beatrix’s dice.

Beatrix is the lover of my player, Rhane. Their relationship is growing worse because of the curse.

To make things even more complicated, I think I’m falling a bit for my player. I know she’s more than a little in love with me.

I can’t let Fidessa’s curse ruin Rhane’s life. I have to help her, but how can an imaginary character help her player?

If Fidessa can curse their Game Master; Isolde, Rhiannon, and I should be able to save our players, even if we don’t know how.

We’ve got quite a task ahead, figuring that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment