Friday, April 12, 2024

K is for Kyra

I am Serpent-Born, marked by my golden hair and eyes as a trouble maker, a vessel for evil from birth. I have been hunted, enslaved, and manipulated for what lies within me, even as everyone shivers at my potential power. Forced to make A Suitor’s Choice to save a beloved friend who’s become a possessed prince, I must battle for his hand in marriage in the magical arena to even speak to him. Something happened in that battle, that struggle to save Stephen Jasior, something which changed both of us. I find myself awakening centuries later as a tiny dragon in keeping of the Serpent’s Son in his tower, trying to help his lost charge through Trouble at Caerac Keep. Too much of myself was lost, even though I recall gods being born in innocent hunger to become terrible monsters. I’ve lost friends to the ravages and mysteries of time; my mentor, Questioning as well as Stephen. I’m part of something far greater than myself, perhaps even greater the Serpent Herself. I fear what that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment