Thursday, April 11, 2024

J is for Juno

Oh, my dears, the print is rather small in this Cauldron, isn’t it? My husband will be cross, too, at my being chosen to be here instead of him, tee hee! He really shouldn’t expect everyone to worship him any more, but he was a god, master of the lightning and the thunder, as he’ll tell you if he gives a chance, never stopping for breath, poor lamb. I might not have as been as mighty, but I was refined, stable, bringing the bond of marriage into chaotic lives. My many eyes looked back at you from the feathers of a peacock, my cunning cut through strength, and my jealousy was a bit of legend. Oh, my, that was a while ago, wasn’t it? Listen to me talk like my former self! It’s no good to dwell on the past as my husband does, expecting everything to go your way. There are ways to ensure things go my way, if I do say so. I’ve had to keep up a level of cunning with my husband to look to after, to see that he doesn’t stray. He can be such a naughty thing. I’ve had to be somewhat severe with his, shall we say distractions? I suppose I can be a naughty thing as well. This is why Jupitre and I suit each other, even if we have our differences. It is just the two of us and Hebe now, or are there other children? Oh, dear, I hope I won’t have to start Stealing Myself From Shadows like poor Christopher does, just to remember who I am! Jupitre and I did adopt Melyssa and Thomas as our own, even we ended up giving A Godling for Your Thoughts? What a silly question! Where did that come from? I do think of Duessa Ashelocke as my own. You might even say she’s My Tool, My Treasure; even if she’s found her own path to Power in a Web of Inspiration. Oh, if only I’d inspired a bit more ambition in her! Duessa’s gardens might have choked every tower, not just her husband’s. Husbands, I do keep coming back to them, don’t I? So much time wasted upon them, so much invested within them, truly, My Cusps Overfloweth with the regrets which haunt me as well as the sorrows. You’d just never know from the way I go on, would you, dear?

No comments:

Post a Comment