Monday, October 9, 2017

Dialogue Between Cauldron and Me

Forbidden Cauldron: It's Me Me Monday! A day to strut, promote, and celebrate your Me-ness!

Me: Only it's a Facebook custom and you're still Forbidden by Facebook. (sighs)

Forbidden Cauldron (bubbling in fury) It's so unjust. I'm not half as abusive as the current President and his Cabinet is. Yet he gets to abuse all the time and no one blocks *him*.

Me: I can't argue with that. (sighs) I am sorry. I've asked countless times for Facebook to lift its ban. I've even asked what was posted that was wrong, so I could avoid doing it again. No one will answer.

Forbidden Cauldron: (continuing to bubble) If they think this will stop me, they're wrong. There are other social mediums besides Facebook. I can blurb as well as the next Cauldron...

Me: What were you thinking of blurbing?

Forbidden Cauldron: How about Fairest? You created me in the first place, so you could access the Torquere Blog, promoting your first published work through it. Something my counterpart at inspirationcauldron.wordpress.com couldn't do. (The surface calms as the Cauldron takes a moment to gloat over this.)

Me: Although neither Fairest nor myself is with Torquere Press. We had to leave due to lack of payment.

Forbidden Cauldron: You found a new home for our f/f fantasy fairytale, didn't you? With Nine Star Press?

Me: Yes, I'm very happy and relieved to say. They gave At Her Service, my second f/f fairy tale a home, too.

Forbidden Cauldron: At Her Service was going to be released by Torquere, too, wasn't it?

Me: Only I had to ask to the rights back to it. I hadn't gotten paid for Fairest or A Symposium in Space. It didn't look like I'd get paid for At Her Service either, even though I'd been sent the first round of edits.

Forbidden Cauldron: Hmm...I'd like to save At Her Service for next Friday. I'll blurb about it, then. For now, I'd like to concentrate on Fairest. Our princess has a name, doesn't she?

Me: Yes. Rose.

Forbidden Cauldron: To go with Briar, the name she came up with for her beloved witch princess. Together, they're Briar Rose. Cute.

Me: (trying to sound modest) Well, I rather liked the idea that the heroine of Sleeping Beauty's name belonged in the truth to two princesses, whose hearts beat as one.

Forbidden Cauldron: Actually, I do, too. Which is no surprise, since I'm a means for you to express yourself.

Me: Very true.

Forbidden Cauldron: I'm ready to blurb now.

Me: Blurb away!


Fairest Blurb


All of my life, I’ve been haunted by her dark eyes. At birth, she cursed me to prick my finger on the spindle and sleep for a century. She appears in my dreams, my reflections, shaping my desires. Who is she? My guardian has only revealed a few enigmatic words as to her identity, the fairest of them all. Follow me into the lonely Forest of Tears where the dwarves dwell, walking where she once walked. Gaze into the depths of the magic mirror which reveals her secrets. For I refuse to fear her, even if I should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment