Monday, October 30, 2017

Once Upon a Rainbow...

Like f/f fairytales? LGBTQ fairytales in general?

Check out Once Upon a Rainbow at https://ninestarpress.com/product/once-upon-a-rainbow-volume-one/

Fairest will be reborn in an entirely new edition with Briar/Rose at the center of everything. Yes, my characters have names this time around. I've done my best to polish up my f/f fantasy fairytale without disturbing the essential content.

Here's a little blurby goodness to tell you what Fairest is all about...I combined elements of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White with a dash of Cinderella to tell this tale.

All of my life, I’ve been haunted by her dark eyes. At birth, she cursed me to prick my finger on the spindle and sleep for a century. She appears in my dreams, my reflections, shaping my desires. Who is she? My guardian has only revealed a few enigmatic words as to her identity, the fairest of them all. Follow me into the lonely Forest of Tears where the dwarves dwell, walking where she once walked. Gaze into the depths of the magic mirror which reveals her secrets. For I refuse to fear her, even if I should. 

Here's an excerpt from Fairest...

MY FIRST MEMORY was of her dark eyes. They captured all the colors of my infant universe, even as they threatened to swallow me.
Her eyes should have been terrifying, but they weren’t.
Her blood red lips moved, shaping words I could not recall.
My parents remembered them only too well, as did everyone else who’d gathered at the castle for my christening.
“I, too, have a gift for this child. She shall grow up, with all the beauty and promise of the dawn, but her sun will never rise.”
My mother told me she nearly swooned with terror at the look of sheer malevolence the witch gave to the sunbeams playing about my cradle. She wanted to stop the witch from speaking, as did my father. 
No one could move, no matter how much they wished to. Everyone stood still, spellbound by the witch’s gaze. 
“Before the sun sets on the eve of her sixteenth year, the princess shall prick her finger on a spindle. With the first drop of her blood, a sleeping curse will fall upon her, claiming her for a hundred years.” 
My mother tried to call in another witch to remove the curse. My father burned every spindle he could find. 
For all their efforts, nothing could remove the curse. 
The witch had disappeared into a cloud of green smoke. No one could find her after my christening, despite many attempts. The only thing she left behind, besides her curse, were dreams of dark eyes. 
I wondered if she’d been real. Her appearance was the sort of thing I’d heard about in old legends. The way she haunted my dreams was too much like giggled tales of falling in love. 

If you liked Fairest, check out At Her Service! Yes, I've got another f/f fantasy fairytale, due for release in Once Upon a Rainbow 2 on January 18, 2018. 

This time, it's all Cinderella. :) Here's a little blurbiness from At Her Service...

Cinders would much rather fondle her mistress’s bony feet than go to a ball. Magic whisks her away, in spite of herself to a night of lights, dancing, and mystery where she discovers her true heart’s desire. For nothing is what it seems where enchantment, fairy godmothers, and princes are concerned. 


Here's a taste of the story to come, UNEDITED...


I’d kneel, right before my mistress’ feet. I didn’t dare look at her face, but I could stare at her ankles as long as I wished. They were bony, but the shape of the protruding bone was exquisite. 

Every time I looked at it, I wanted to run my fingers over it.

The glass slipper was too small for her foot. I had to work her flesh into the shoe. It’s an art I’ve managed to perfect, over the years. Stroking the arch of her foot, I slide her toes into the slipper. The flesh shivers at my touch, so it wiggles its way into the shoe’s interior. Once it’s there, I tickle her heel, so it quivers its way into the back of the slipper.

It’s a service no other maid can provide. I’m the only one capable of getting those glass slippers on my mistress’ feet. It’s why she keeps me around, even though I’m a terrible servant.





No comments:

Post a Comment