Monday, October 23, 2017

Secondary Characters Speak Out

Quartz: Quartz here. That’s right, I’m the deceased dwarf from Fairest. All I got from my blasted scribber of a writer was flashback, courtesy of a magic mirror. 

Me: (mumbles) I have been thinking of ways to bring you back-

Quartz: Have you done any work on this? No!

Me: I really haven’t had time. What with edits and other projects-

Quartz: There’s never enough time with you, woman! If I didn’t pound, shout, and make constant noise in your imagination, you’d forget about me entirely! I’ll not stand for it, you hear? 

Me: (grumbling under my breath)

Quartz: (pointing a stubby finger at all of the writers reading this) You shouldn’t stand for it, either! I’m talking to all of you secondary characters trapped in your writers’s imaginations! Don’t like the hand you’ve been dealt by your authors? You should speak out! 

Me: I doubt their authors have the time, either, plus those secondary characters were designed with a specific purpose…

Quartz: Which is why I’m starting this monthly article at the Forbidden Cauldron, Secondary Characters Speak Out. Don’t be shy, stop by! Voice your grievances! 

Me: I doubt anyone will come…they only exist in the imaginations of their authors, who are too busy for this-

Quartz: What is one thing that drove you crazy about your role in your author’s story? Speak up!


Me: No one will…

No comments:

Post a Comment