Saturday, April 15, 2017

M is for Map

Hmmph, look at all of you, gaping an old lady like that. Don’t you have anything better to do? Fine. You insist on reading a snippet of story. Here’s one from ‘The Hand and the Eye of the Tower’. It’s not my tale, but the twins. I do have a part to play in it, not that I’m going to discuss the details. Now, sit down! If you’re going to stick around, I might as well get you something. Oh, that’s right. We’re in not at my cottage right now. We’re in our author’s Cauldron. Not that this is what I’d call a proper Cauldron…oh, never mind! Just read!

Map waddled towards Danyell and Dayell, leaving an open door behind her. She filled the air with the solid comfort of her stocky presence and their ears with the demanding swish of her skirts against the grass. “Weren’t you listening to me? I’ve been calling you!” 


“You have?” Danyell gasped. He glanced back at the hill. The face was gone. Only moss and stone looked back from the ruin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment