Monday, April 24, 2017

T is for Thomas

What are you staring at, you freak? You wouldn’t be here if you weren’t one. Well, guess what? I’m not one of you. I never will be. I’m just going to stay where I am. I don’t care what my stupid writer tries to make me do. I’m Thomas and I’m human. I’m staying right here, not going anywhere. Like I’ve got anywhere to go. Do you think I’d be in ‘A Godling for Your Thoughts?’ if I had someplace better to be? Look at where I am!

“No rest for wicked children!” the teacher chittered. “Not after all the naughty things you did when you were alive!”

How Thomas longed to pick up a rock and throw it at the stupid instructor! He would have done it, if he could. How many squirrels’ head had he smashed in with a rock?

Danyell swallowed his own sickness at the pitiless vision of small, smashed bodies, their innards leaking out like jam. If he’d been awake, he would have thrown up. 


If he’d been awake, he wouldn’t be in Thomas’s dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment