Friday, April 28, 2017

X is for Xylanthe

Why, hello there. How nice it is to have visitors. I get them so seldom in the Dark Circle…only I’m not in the Dark Circle. I’m at the Cauldron of Eternal Inspiration. Ah, well, please do come by to visit. Don’t be frightened by the snippet I appear in in ‘Trouble at Caerac Keep’. Truly, my author makes me sound much worse than I actually am. 

Cobwebs dangled like trailing lace from every corner. Xylanthe tried to give the Dark Circle a certain elegance. Not that it was what it used to be. 

“I miss adventurers,” she said out loud. She glanced up at the boots of the last would be hero, hanging out of a cocoon in the ceiling. “Treasure hunting killers meant regular meals whenever they attacked.” She sighed. “I haven’t eaten in weeks!”


“You shall, my lady.” Her servant’s whisper was like a caress upon her arm, although her servant was far away. “I’m preparing a feast for you. More than just a feast.”

No comments:

Post a Comment