Tuesday, April 7, 2020

F is for Faith

As one of the Chosen Points of the Unicorn, I must stay alert in any changes bringing corruption and undeath. I must never doubt the Unicorn. My faith in her isn’t just a duty, it’s what I am. IT became my name, infusing every part of me. With all the Trouble at Caerac Keep brewing, Hope missing, and Charity falling prey to a strange illness, I’m not longer complete. It’s too early to doubt. Especially when my companions are a foreign heretic (a maddeningly attractive one at that), a Serpent-Born (I’m not sure he’s sensible or strange), and a practioner of forbidden arts (just plain disturbing). I find myself longing to hide in the Unicorn Temple, fleeeing from the changes and doubts brought by these outsiders. Only the temple is no shelter. Not any more. Not with Charity lying in a dream, unsure who or where she is.. The Unicorn doesn’t appear to be comforting her or protecting her in a time of great need. 

I remind myself of the words of Lady Ylynessa, one of our patron’s wisest patrons. Doubt can be fatal. It can make you stumble. I must not doubt. I must adapt. Centuries ago, my Order regarded all nonhumans as abominations, a terrible mistake. We may be making another mistake now. I’ve got to calm down and spot the true abominations, not allowing myself to be deceived, to question everything I believe in. 

I need faith, to be Faith more than ever, now when the other Points of the Unicorn are sick or missing. Especially if the undead are involved. I’m going to need to call on all that I am to face them. 


I simply hope I’m up to the task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment