Friday, April 10, 2020

I is for Iama

Iama: Change is inevitable. You can lock yourself in a palace, lock yourslf and others in an unmoving form, trying to still things, trying to keep everyone at your side as I did in Wind Me Up, One More Time. 

Maia: Actually you did that in Grace and Theodora: Magic and Mishaps.

Iama: Which is the story within Wind Me Up, One More Time. Why are you even here, little girl? I am the one, true Iama. You simply borrowed my name. 

Maia: I tried to be Iama. There was a time when our scribbler was writing our story that I was the only Iama. 

Iama: Nonsense which I put an end to in revisions. You are not me. You’ve never been me.

Maia: No, I’m not. I used your name to impress a girl, well, impress a couple of girls. It worked. Only I didn’t become Iama the Terrible, not truly until I stopped using your name. At least according to Grace.

Iama: Ah, yes, little Grace. She tried so hard to get me to take my heart back, she and the bear. 

Maia: Something similar happened to me, in a different way. 

Iama: Very different. You and I are different. You may have been me in past Blogs From AZ. As characters in a published story, we are two separate characters. 

Maia: Separate, yet our own determination compelled us to step out of the darkness of our scribbler’s imagination, stating our names, our own identities. 

Iama: I did these things, not you. You claimed my name to empower yourself and impress the woman you loved.

Maia: Yes, I did. I already said that. Which proves my point. We’re not that dissimilar.

Iama: Oh, really? Do tell me how.

Maia: I tried to claim my Nathalie by putting on a show. You tried to charm yours by luring her into your lair and adding her to your collection…huh, I see what you mean. We’re nothing alike.

Iama: No, perhaps you have a point. We both have a Nathalie who’s precious to us, whom we impressed ourselves upon in a way we’d regret later. 

Maia: Not to mention it took a girl and a teddy bear to stop us, to make us think twice. 

Iama: True. They did all this while showing me how to keep the woman I loved.

Maia: While showing me how to hold onto myself. Change was the driving force that whipped us into action, you and I. Both you and I were the better for it. 

Iama: No matter how reluctant we were to face it, yes, I see what you mean.

Maia: Hello, readers? If you, too, would like to see what we mean, you can buy our story at…


Mischief Corner Books/Shenanigans Press: https://www.mischiefcornerbooks.com/wind-me-up-one-more-time.html#/









No comments:

Post a Comment