Saturday, April 18, 2020

P is for Phaedra

Hello from one possible future! I’m Phaedra, narrator of A Symposium in Space, one of Agathea’s guests at that sympoisum who ends up eating her own words. No, it’s not as bad as it sounds. In fact, it’s not bad at all, just strange. Agathea if nothing if not an impeccable, stylish host. Those words were just a symptom of the change coming over me. You might say the whole novella is about this change, from walking away from Pausania, deciding to go to the symposium, finding my beautiful Timea in a used spaceship yard, and hooking up with Sokrat, the wandering philosopher. All of those events are part of my journey as I find myself, try to discover who I am and what I want to do with myself. It’s not always easy, answering these questions in the Intergalactic Democracy. Sokrat is still searching for the answers and she’s the wisest life giver I know. There’s wisdom in the search, not to mention adventure, unexpected treasure, long-lost intimacy, and love where I least expected to find it. 

Join me on my journey if you’d like to come with…









No comments:

Post a Comment