Tuesday, April 14, 2020

L is for Leiwell

My very existence blossomed from change, the shifting hungry nature of the Shadow Forest in My Tool, My Treasure. For I’ve always been Dyvian’s tool and I hope, his treasure. Before Dyvian, I was part of the Shadow Forest or was I? My origins remain cloudy in my memory, which is perhaps for the best. What matters is the life I live now, the family I have in Tales of the Navel: The Shadow Forest, particularly in The Hand and the Eye of the Tower, which is threatened in A Godling for Your Thoughts? I’ve tried to help Map, my chosen mother create a stable, unchanging environment for my little brothers and myself. Or for just my little brothers when a chance came to improve their lot while keeping them safe from the outside world. Neither Danyel or Tayel liked the price I paid for their safety, nor would they accept it. This they made clear in The Hand and the Eye of the Tower, stopping the sacrifice of myself to shield us from outsiders. Only outsiders come calling along with our other mother, Ashleigh, forcing us to become part of the village Omphalos, dragging us into their religion in A Godling for Your Thoughts? Dyvian, my beloved lord and creator was the architect of Omphalos, just as he was the architect of me, along with the secret tasks I’d performed to protect my family. He wanted me at his side in both his schemes, only I’m not longer sure I can stand with him. I may have too much of Damian Ashelocke churning within me, something we both discover in My Tool, My Treasure. Where will we go in Web of Inspiration and Our Cusps Runneth Over? I fear finding out, for change has always meant losing something, especially something precious to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment