Thursday, April 23, 2020

T is for Thomas

What are you looking at? I’ll give you a taste of my fist, if you keep staring. No, I’m not some pretty boy you enjoy staring at, someone you can dress up all fancy and coo over. I know, you think I’m stupid and ugly because I have bat ears and a bulging nose. Or maybe you don’t like the way I throw rocks at squirrels. They remind me of all of us with their twitchy noses, always scampering to places they shouldn’t be. Maybe I should throw rocks at you instead, huh? You think I won’t? Go ahead and smirk. You think you’re better than me. You think you’re better looking than I am, you all do. Guess what? I’m going to be prettier than all of you. Seraphix will make me beautiful, just like Oleander, that boy I went to school with who never looked at me twice. Not that I care about him or any of you. Just you wait. I’ll change with Seraphix’s help. You think you’re the only one offered his talisman in A Godling for Your Thoughts? He thinks I’m special. He’s going to make me special. Everything is going to change once he makes me beautiful. Danyel won’t be able to ignore me, Tayel won’t be able to sneer at me. No one in Omphalos will be able to look down on me, once I change. Just you wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment