Wednesday, April 8, 2020

G is for Grace

Two little girls stand facing each other. Both have tousled coppery curls, although one’s are frizzier than the other and solemn faces with earnest hazel eyes. One wears a red cape, the one a red sweater. Each carries a teddy bear in her arms. 

Grace: (with a shy smile) Hello. It’s good to see you again. 

Princess Grace: (smiling just as shyly back) You, too. I was hoping we’d meet again. 

Grace: (turning to face the reader) We don’t really meet in Wind Me Up, One More Time. Even though our stories happen at the same time.

Princess Grace: I’m having an adventure in the story within the story; Grace and Theodora: Magic and Mishaps. I’m trying to save my sister, Princess Nathalie from the clutches of a dangerous, yet charming enchantress, Iama the Terrible. Her touch turns everything to gold.

Theodora: (the one in Princess Grace’s arms) *I’m trying to help her. I’m actually Princess Nathalie’s bear.*

Theodora: (the one in Grace’s arms) Growwr.

Grace: My Theodora is actually my Theodora, but I have a sister called Nathalie, too. We live in a town called Verity. 

Princess Grace: What a pretty name. (sounds wistful) I wish I could live there.

Grace: Why would you? Your life is full of adventure and magic!

Princess Grace: Yours is full of school, lessons, tea, and friends. I can’t help wondering what that’s like. 

Grace: You don’t wonder about it in the story. 

Princess Grace: I don’t have time to wonder about anything. Theodora and I are too busy trying to save my sister. We’re up against magic.

Grace: While I have to take magic where I can find it, facing all the loneliness and sadness reality throws at me. 

Princess Grace: I have to face loneliness and sadness, too, even if there’s lots of magic.

Grace: That’s true. I guess we’re alike, aren’t we? We both have to find a way out. 

Princess Grace: Good thing Theodora was with us. (She gives her bear a squeeze.)

Grace: Yes, that was a good thing. She led us to a little magic and our sister when we’d thought we’d lost her. 
Princess Grace: Me, too. Our destinies are linked, even if we never meet in Wind Me Up, One More Time. 

Theodora: (the one in Grace’s arms) Growwr.

Theodora: (the one in Princess Grace’s arms) *I wonder why you can hear me and not the other Theodora? Maybe because I’m a bear in a fairytale and not restricted by all the rules she is? It’s a mystery…anyway if you’d like to read our story, here are some buy links below…*








No comments:

Post a Comment