Thursday, April 16, 2020

N is for Nathalie

Nathalie: Hello, I’m Nathalie, daughter of two mothers and heir to the tales once spun by Mama Morisot. 

Princess Nathalie: And I’m Princess Nathalie, former companion of Theodora Bear until the Enchantress Iama lured me into her palace of gold. 

Nathalie: With my Iama, it was a sculpture and an ice cream parlour. There may have been a top hat involved.

Princess Nathalie: We appear to be easy to lure.

Nathalie: By our respective Iamas? Definitely. So you’re Princess Nathalie, creation of Mama Morisot and Auntie Cassat from Grace and Theodora: Magic and Mishaps?

Princess Nathalie: Am I? Don’t ask question which might spoil our stories, my dear.

Nathalie: How am I spoiling? Oh, I suppose I am. Never mind. I’m a character in a story with Stumps of Wisdom, stuffed animals with attitude, and nisse in need of rescue. 

Princess Nathalie: While I’m part of a tale of forbidden passion and hearts turned into gold.

Nathalie: Oh, there’s passion in my story, too, believe me!

Princess Nathalie: Our tales unfold together, yet never touching, yet linked within Wind Me Up, One More Time. 

Nathalie: Yes, our story takes place during the winter holidays yet warms the heart at any time of year. 

Princess Nathalie: To read our tale of change is to watch us find the courage to change. 

Nathalie: Or to find the courage to face those changes. I don’t always do very well at this.

Princess Nathalie: Fortunately we are not alone. There are other to help us when we falter. Like our sisters, the Graces. 

Nathalie: I’m sure sure where we would be without our little sisters.

Princess Nathalie: And our Theodora Bears to inspire us with their loyalty.
Nathalie: Well, Theodora is actually Grace’s, not mine, but there’s no question she’s loyal. She also has to work around the limiations of reality as a stuffed animal, so it’s hard for her. 

Princess Nathalie: And you? Is it hard for you?

Nathalie: I usually face change with a smile and a story until I can’t. In truth, both Maia, my Iama, and Grace show more courage than me, although Maia does need rescuing from herself. 
Princess Nathalie: Iama requires rescue, too, although she seems to be the villain, Iama the Terrible, evil enchantress. I was almost not up to the task, so caught within her enchantment was I. Like I said, it was fortunate I had Grace and Theodora to save me, to save us both. 

Nathalie: We were fortunate to have them, too. You’re never as alone as you think you are, are you?

Princess Nathalie: (with a smile) No, you’re not.

If you’d like to see more of the Nathalies, their story; Wind Me Up, One More Time is available at…








No comments:

Post a Comment