Monday, April 1, 2019

A is for Amberwyne

Hmm, this place looks familiar. Wasn't I here last year and the year before?

Oh, hello! I'm Amberwyne. Over the years I've been many things. Right now I'm a character in a roleplaying game, played by a character in a Work in Progress. This Work in Progress is called The Players Are the Thing.  This story doesn't get nearly enough attention from the scribbler, poor story and it's a really good story. You see, Rhane created me to play in this fantasy roleplaying game her lover, Beatrix runs. She (Rhane) falls more than a little in love with me, but I'm only someone she made up, right? Someone who live the magical life she'd never dare have herself.

Wrong! Like I'm going to let being imaginary stop me, especially when my creatrix is so unhappy. I mean, I'm really part of Rhane, right? The part of her who wants to change. There is magic in her daily life. I've just got to help Rhane find it. Only how do I do that? Being a character in a roleplaying game limits my options.

Hee, you'd be amazed at what a roll of the dice and a random thought can accomplish. Besides I am part of Rhane's imagination. Perhaps it's time for the characters to play the players, give them all a little wonder. The Game Master included. Especially the Game Master. We've just got to remember as we go along...it's only reality. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment