Thursday, April 11, 2019

J is for Jupitre

Once I ruled the heavens by the power of the lightning bolt. Only somehow that power slipped through my fingers. Memories return of shivering behind a rock, while a monster swallowed my siblings whole. That monster was my father. Or of my twin sister cupping a wounded bird to her breast, awakening a passion which changed everything. I never should have made Juno my wife. Once we ruled the heavens together. Now I’m crippled and she’s trying to cage me. I only just escaped her, I, who was once mightier than all the others of my kind! Now I’m simply a wreck, a sad-looking, aging man. I want it back, my power, my glory, my strength! Only it may have taken on a new shape, even new life. I will find those former aspects of myself, even if I have to ally myself with monsters who rival my father in their dark hungers. Laugh at me now if you will. My day will come, along with my return. We’ll see who has the last laugh. 

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting take on Jupiter! Found you through AtoZ. I'm writing a different story for every letter. Hope to see you!
    Doesn't Speak Klingon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you for stopping by! Your challenge sounds fascinating...good luck!

    ReplyDelete