Monday, April 29, 2019

Y is for Ylynessa

Once I was just Ylynessa, toy and plaything of a spider queen in a dark web across a circle. Or was I? Those memories don’t seem real, almost like bad dreams, horrific images which flash across my mind. Images of my family and myself being caught in the spider’s web long ago. The spider sucked the life out of everyone except me. I’m not sure why she spared me. I was fortunate my aunt found me, bringing me back to civilization. I was even more fortunate when Lord William Caerac adopted me as his own daughter, later treating me as his sister. He trusted me with his secret, not that I’ll ever reveal it to you. I’m not sure why I’ve confided this much to you common little brutes. Perhaps I just needed to talk. No matter. I’m still Lady Ylynessa of Caerac Keep, even I’m an adopted, self-made lady. I know more of what goes on within the walls of my home than anyone, even William. One day, you shall respect me, fear me, and love me. For there’s nothing the Vampire Corwyth has done which I cannot do better. One night all of you will tremble at the sound of my name, relying on me to make the Trouble at Caerac Keep go away. For I’m the only one who can do it, who can protect your miserable lives. See to it I value them more than I do now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment