Thursday, April 25, 2019

V is for Varwyth

For now I shall use the name of Varwyth. I’ve taken on the guise of a mage, a protege of both Padraig and Questioning. Why not? In a way, it’s the truth. Why have I done this? One, there is Trouble at Caerac Keep. People are disappearing. Someone is spreading rumours that it’s the Vampire Corwyth, trying to creat an army of undead slaves. This I know to be a lie. The world is changing, people are starting to sympathize with what they once thought were monsters. We’re on the cusp of another change, where mortals might accept the undead, even offer their blood openly and willingly. Why would Corwyth endanger such a future by spreading fear? No. Someone may be trying to raise the dead, create a legion of the undead, but it’s not Corwyth. Two, I wish to protect Rhodry Nevalyn, one of the valuable and delectable Serpent-Born. I’ve already lost lost Daeric. I’m not about to lose Rhodry. What’s more, the boy has fallen in with some dangerous company, thanks to that fool of an earl, William. A Point in the Unicorn’s Horn is investigating Caerac Keep at Rhodry’s side. Such a willing avatar of true faith is a threat to many an exotic creature. Faith isn’t the only perilous companion Rhodry has been forced to work with. I mislike the stench of destiny clinging to that Aethyrian girl, Ariadne, even if she is a bit of an idiot. Still those two may be useful for getting to the heart of this mystery, to solving the riddle of what’s happening. In light of this, I shall tolerate their company…for now. The other boy in the party is quite interesting, nor is he a particular threat. As long as this little party is useful, I will allow Rhodry to associate with them, but I’m watching them. I’m watching them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment