Tuesday, April 23, 2019

T is for Thomas

What are you staring at, you fool? You want a taste of my fist. Get away from me! You’d better not hurt me! My father isn’t just strong, he’s the mightiest of all the gods! All right, he may seem like a broken, old man right now that a pretty, girly boy could beat. It won’t last. He’ll get his powers back. Danyel will be sorry when he does. I’m going to get him and that smirking twin of his, too. They think they’re better than me just because they can Dance, as they insist on calling their fancy moves. They look like witchery to me. Boys as small as them shouldn’t be able to send someone bigger than them flying. Everyone in my family thinks I should be nice to the twins. They live in the Old Cottage. They were the first villagers in Omphalos. They have secrets which could help us. They’re so beautiful, bah! Mother keeps trying so hard to be Ashleigh’s friend while making eyes as Leiwell. Melyssa is entirely too impressed with that fat, saggy wife of Ashleigh’s, not that their relationship isn’t plain weird. You’d think Mel wanted Map for herself of all things! Stupid pervert of a girl has no taste. Even Father finds Ashleigh charming and is starting to warm to Leiwell and the twins. Where is his pride? How can Father forgive the slight that family gave us? It’s not like him to forget a grudge! Am I the only one who realizes everyone in the Old Cottage is a freak? Even Lord Dyvian and Seraphix favour them. Well, I don’t care. Seraphix is interested in me, too. I’ve got my own talisman from my godling. He’ll help me, make me someone you can’t ignore, someone who’ll make your jaws drop. You’ll be really staring at me when that happens. You’ll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment