Thursday, April 18, 2019

P is for Phaedra

Hello, I’m Phaedra, citizen of the Intergalactic Democracy, narrator of A Symposium in Space. I’m the descendant of a long line of space pioneers with stories to tell. I’m ashamed to say I’ve been quite the disappointing daughter of these remarkable life givers, or women as they would have been called back in their time. I haven’t done much myself. I am fortunate enough to have a beautiful, intelligent lover, but she’s one of the most negative personalities I’ve had the misfortune to get close to. Not that I’ve had much to compare her to. I think this is one of the reasons I want to go to Agathea’s symposium. I’m curious about the guests who’ll be there. I wonder about Agathea, too, the life giver who’ll be hosting this dinner party. Why did she invite Pausania and I to her intimate little gathering? Why is Pausania so reluctant to attend? All I know is I want to go, even if it causes friction between Pausania and myself. Everything seems to cause friction between Pausania and myself. I’m not sure if I should depend on her for transportation. If I don’t, how am I going to get to the symposium? I have an idea, an unsavory one, but it offers me my best chance of reaching this private event in space. We’ll see if it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment