Thursday, April 4, 2019

D is for Danyel (and not Tayel)

Danyel: Tayel, you’re still with me? Not that I’m not glad, but your name is no longer Dayel. It’s Tayel. 

Tayel: Names may change. Purpose and conflict remain like a storm on the horizon. No way am I leaving you to face that storm alone. 

Danyel: I’m really happy you’re here. (He reaches out to touch his twin’s hand.) Too often we’re separated in Tales of OmphalosThe Shadow Forest. Say, why aren’t we part of Tales of the Navel?

Tayel: You’ve never been inside the Navel, even if I’ve faced its toothy smiles and equally toothy gifts. 

Danyel: All right, don’t tell me about it. You’re right. I’ve never been in the Navel. At least I’m not sure if I’ve been there. 

Tayel: Dreams and visions often offer experiences as rich as reality, especially to two such as we. 

Danyel: What exactly are two such as we? I thought we were human, but I’m no longer sure. I always saw Map as our mother, but she insists this missing woman, Ashleigh is really our mother. I always considered Leiwell to be our brother, but brothers, mothers, families, and humans appear to be something quite different than I thought. At least in other places. 

Tayel: They are who they are. We are who we are. There is neither cause nor need to behave like anything other than what we are. 

Danyel: Yes, but aren’t you curious about just how we’re different? Why we’re different?

Tayel: Questions open a Door. Anything might be waiting behind that Door to grab you.

Danyel: Well, this is true, but I can’t help wondering about these things. 

Tayel: This is why I fear for you. Fear what might reach out and grab you from behind the Door, taking you away from me.

Danyel: Don’t worry. I’m not leaving you. (He squeezes his brother’s hand.) If anything waits behind that Door, I’ll stand between you and it. We’ll stand together.

Tayel: Don’t stand between. Stand together. I can do that. (His shining eyes are troubled.) What lurks behind the Door can beguile, though, as well as terrify. It could lure you away from me. 

Danyel: What do you mean?


Tayel: I hope we never find out. 

2 comments:

  1. I adore these two. ~nods~ Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! (blushes) It means a lot to me that my twins have a fan. (heart)

      Delete