Friday, April 26, 2019

W is for William

Greetings. I am William Caerac, Lord Caerac, the master of Caerac Keep. This place was left to me after Caerac adopted me long ago. I’ve kept quiet about being that same William. I’ve pretended to be my own son from time to time. The truth is I’m one of Corwyth’s conquests, so to speak. He got to me after being turned into a vampire, cursing me to a life of darkness and blood. It doesn’t have to be that way. Yes, I require blood to survive, but I’ve tried not to kill. I’ve ruled this Keep wisely and fairly. I even adopted a little girl, raised her, and no, not as food. Ylynessa started out my daughter. Now she’s my sister, my confidant, and my strong, right arm, which keeps the Order of the Unicorn in the dark about my true nature. Attitudes were finally changing in the Keep for the better about monsters. Ylynessa and I were doing are best to encourage this. Only people started disappearing. Others sickened or had strange dreams. There’s a rumour going around that the Vampire Corwyth is behind all of this. I doubt it. This doesn’t feel like my old master. Some of the abductions were people who’d definitely be missed. Someone is trying to stir up Trouble at Caerac Keep. I’ve asked a group of talented younglings linked to some of the missing people to investigate this matter. Hopefully they’ll disrupt the plans of my enemy or least distract this mysterious foe. Perhaps they’ll even lure them out of hiding. I’ve spent considerable time making Caerac Keep a safe haven in the troubled land of Rowenda for both myself and others. I’m not about to allow the peace I’ve worked hard to create to be disrupted. Not by anyone. 

2 comments:

  1. I always find it interesting the reasons vampires have relationships with non-vampires (in a not food sense).

    Visiting from A-Z
    AJ Blythe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll admit, I sometimes find the food sense interesting as well...:)=

      Delete