Wednesday, April 17, 2019

O is for Oleander

Beautiful and poisonous as the flower I am named for is what Thomas wished me to be. I was born from his desperate, petty wishes and I’ve strived to outdo them. This name belonged to another boy long ago, not that he was ever aware of it. This is the name Thomas gave him in his greedy little heart while he watched him from afar, hiding his desire in petty spite. My creator is quite pathetic, yet he’s part of me. I’ll wear this name with far more elegance than the boy he coveted ever did. I’ll show Danyel just what I’m capable of in this shape forged with Seraphix’s power. Only I suspect Danyel had something to do with my change. When he touched Thomas in his dreams, I came into existence. I may owe it to Danyel as much as Seraphix. The part of me that was Thomas rebels at his, resenting the power that slight, pretty boy possesses. Thomas can be an idiot sometimes. Why antagonize someone so useful, whom he himself covets? I’ll do what I must to continue to exist and eventually I’ll take whomever I wish. Thomas may thank me for this later if he doesn’t just sink into the morass of our collective memories. He doesn’t need to linger on for much longer. He has me now. I’m determined to live the life he never realized he wanted, that he lacked the courage to enjoy. Just watch me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment