Friday, April 1, 2016

A is for Aissa

Hello, there. (Long, golden eyelashes flutter under a veil at the readers) I have many names, but you can call me Aissa. This is how I introduced myself to that delectable princeling, Troile, in my author’s story, ‘Achille and Troy’. Yes, I actually have another name, but Aissa is an opportunity to explore…other aspects of my personality. After all, the mightiest of the Achaens can have layers, can’t he? Or rather, she? Yes, this is a name I used, when dwelling on Scyros, trying to avoid the uncomfortable attentions of some rather forward men. Alas, they caught up with me, but Odysseus didn’t trick me, as tales tell, into revealing my true self. I left my choice, ultimately, to darling Troile. He preferred, shall we say, my more masculine aspect? Although I do have some regrets, as to his choice. We might have expressed our passion in a gentler fashion than what came to pass. However, unlike that fop, Paris, Troile never shuns the rough path, even if it will result in his death. My own passion was kindled, all the hotter, by his courage. If you want to read the story legends have forgotten of that passion, do read our author’s tale, ‘Achille and Troile’. It did get published, didn’t it? Well, if you didn’t accept it, my dear publisher, it’s your loss. Unless our silly author didn’t finish it, before the deadline. In which case, it’s everybody’s loss. Hopefully, it will have a chance to be told, regardless of canonical anyone believes it to be. (sniffs)

4 comments:

  1. OK, I think I see what's going on here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that's just for today. Usually, it's just a character talking in first person at each blog. I'm only doing double helpings for 'A' and 'D', while this blog will get an extra 'H'. There will be cross overs with the two blogs, but they won't always two different aspects of the same character. (apologetic look)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think after your posting for B I will have a better understanding but do you ever switch off or do you have a lot of nagging voices in your head - ???? Excellent Effort :)
    Pempi
    A Stormy’s Sidekick
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Nagging voices. As well as shouting voices. Occasionally, sweetly singing voices, trying to lull me in a certain direction. :)

      Delete