Saturday, April 9, 2016

Snippet from 'A Symposium in Space'

I'm not sure what's going on with my blog, but I'm going to try again! This is my contribution to #RainbowSnippets. Please check out some of the other awesome snippets of GLBT fiction at #RainbowSnippets!

A little late, here's my own contribution. Six more sentences of 'A Symposium in Space', right where I left off on Saturday, March 26th.

I didn’t think the pirate queen, Alkibiadea would blow us to bits. She wanted Sokrat alive. “Why is Alkibiadea firing upon us? I thought she loved you!”


“Obsession can be a form of madness, can’t it?” Sokrat mused, as she looked over her shoulder at one of the side screens. It displayed an image of Alkibiadea’s massive ship. The Sokratea was a red, flying fortress.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. If Alkibiadea can't have her, nobody can? Those girls are in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. I can't wait to read this. I love Torquere's anthologies.

    I am sensing that this kind of "love" has already caused big, big trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! :) This tale was a tribute to one of my favorite books, Plato's 'The Symposium', although it's in many ways a futuristic inversion of the original. :) A lot of interesting stories will be appearing in Torquere's 'Theory of Love', when it's released on May 18, 2016. I definitely recommend checking it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting snippet! Why are they firing? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Phaedra herself is wondering the same thing, but I wouldn't want to spoiler things for either you, or her. :)

      Delete