Thursday, April 14, 2016

N is for Nathalie





Good day. I’m Nathalie. I was in the very first story my author ever wrote, when she was eleven years old. Grace, the heroine of that story, along with a live teddy bear, rescued me the Cinderella-state Iama the Terrible was keeping me in. Yes, our story was quite dreadful, which may be why our author put us and any future adventures away, when she was thirteen. Years later, she’s taking us off the shelf, dusting us off, and reinventing us for a tale she’s writing for prizmbooks.com. It’s our author’s first attempt at steampunk. The story is called ‘Wind Me Up, One More Time’. Iama and Grace’s teddy bear are both female in this tale, which involves growing up, growing away from your childhood treasures, and the stories you tell yourselves to cope with the growth. I’ve got much more of a presence in ‘Wind Me Up, One More Time’ than I did in my author’s original story, although I fear I’m as terrible as Iama at times. Hopefully, our story will be accepted into Prizm’s ‘Cogs and Gears’ anthology! Our author needs to finish our story first, before you’ll have a chance to meet us all. At the present, I must content myself with my appearance in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment