Saturday, April 7, 2018

G is for Grace

Hello! Welcome to my imagination. It’s a place where Ted and I can actually fix things rather than just accept things are “the way they are”, like grown ups keep insisting. This is Ted, or rather Theodora Bear. Nathalie once told me an exciting story about how she’s designed to look like the bear cub a mighty hunter spared after slaying her mother. The hunter’s name was Theodora. The cub ended up taking her name. All small, stuffed bears are named Theodora, Ted, or Teddy. At least that’s one version of the story. I love stories. Coming up with tales where again Ted and I fix things is something I live for. Take Nathalie. The reason she’s been gone for so long is because a terrible wizard keeps her slaving away in a tower, doing what’s called ‘a job’. That wizard will let her go, once we give the wizard a golden apple which returns her heart to her. Or come after her with a clockwork bear which reminds the wizard of whom she used to be. She won’t be Iama the Terrible any more, she’ll go back to being Maia. She’ll free Nathalie. The two of them will emerge from the dark tower known as a skyscraper. They’ll start spending more time with me. So what if I’m being overimaginative? It’s better than vague excuses like “we’re too busy to come home”. Maybe she’ll stop telling me my stories and my bear aren’t real. Yes, Ted’s stuffing may be falling out, but she’s here for me. When the two of us get together, we can accomplish anything. You’ll see if our creatrix ever finishes ‘Wind Me Up, One More Time’. You’ll see what Ted and I can really do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment