Friday, April 13, 2018

L is for Leiwell

Hello again. 

I’ve learned some truly horrifying things about who and what I am since I first appeared in the Blogging From AZ April Project. I’m also the one who made this Cauldron forbidden. I’m a creature of shadow, bound to his master, yet trying to care for his family in the material world. 

Almost everything I do is for my little brothers, Danyel and Tayel, to see that they’re safe, happy, and sheltered from a hostile world that sees them as only half human. This same world would force them to conform to the unjust rules and rituals that humans use to destroy each other. 

By cutting Danyel and Tayel from that human world, I keep them safe. They may not like being isolated and hidden. It’s better than exposing my little brothers to the cruel world where they might not be able to exist. 

I just don’t know how long I can keep our little valley hidden before I expire. This flesh and blood frame I occupy in the material world isn’t human. It grows weaker by the day. 


No, I shall not allow myself to weaken. I’ll protect my family, keep my cottage and the valley it resides in hidden even if it takes my last breath to do so. 

2 comments:

  1. These names are so great, I just have to keep saying that. ~grin~ Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you stopping by! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete