Tuesday, April 24, 2018

U is for Undine

Once I was as free and flowing as the water itself until a fair maiden completely lacking a heart found me and trapped me with a spell within a shell of armour.

I serve the Lady Ylynessa in the guise of the Captain of the Guard. I’m not sure whom else I serve, but I’ve been forced to do terrible things, transform people into monsters. 

I no longer have a will of my own. 

Sometimes I manage to cry out in someone else’s dreams. Sometimes someone hears me. 

A foreign sorcerer once did, like and unlike my captor. He tried to free me. He failed. I don’t know what happened to him. 

For now, I serve my captor, trapped in a warrior’s form, bound within metal. 

I try to leak out, sending a warning. Yes, there’s Trouble at Caerac Keep. 


I’m a part of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment